“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
–Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad (1869)
As well put by Mark Twain: travel is mind-expanding! In fact, I cannot think of a more wonderful way to end the Jubilee Year of Mercy while kicking-off the Advent season than by going on a personal retreat to the other end of the world.
It will definitely take me several days to upload all [random] photos taken and type up my travel journal, but I am certain you will agree that they are worth the wait. Enjoy!
- NYC/JFK [departure/arrival]
- L.A./LAX [transit/unscheduled stay]
- Auckland [transit/unscheduled stay]
- Tauranga (including: Mount Mauganui and Papamoa Beach)
- Wellington [transit/unscheduled stay]
- Queenstown (including: Kelvin Heights, Quail Rise, and Shotover River)