Shrek: For your information, there’s a lot more to ogres than people think.
Shrek: Example… uh… ogres are like onions!
[holds up an onion, which Donkey sniffs]
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes… No!
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry?
Donkey: Oh, you leave ’em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin’ little white hairs…
Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers… You get it? We both have layers.
I immensely enjoyed visiting Philly after three and half years, although I have to admit it was a lot colder than I expected. Ha! Ha! Philly was chilly, get it?
Okay, I will stop goofing around…
Among the many places I enjoyed – City Hall, National Mechanics @NatMechanics), etc. – I have always been passionate about the Redding Terminal Market.
I am not your typical tourist that follows a map and sticks to a pre-arranged schedule. Don’t get me wrong, that part is fun, but the true excitement comes from getting off the beatten path. By that I mean, finding ways to experience life as enjoyed by the locals.
What better way to do so than through immersion at a local market place while enjoying a great dish, beverage, or snack at the same time???
Here is the list of some of the markets I hope to cross out over the years:
- Marché Central, Yaoundé <done>
- Sweet Auburn Curb Market, Atlanta <done>
- Pike Place Market, Seattle <done>
- Inwood Greenmarket, NYC <done>
- Union Square Greenmarket, NYC <done>
- Redding Terminal Market, Philly <done>
- City Market, Indianapolis <done>
- Lexington Market, Baltimore <not sure>
- Eastern Market, Washington <not sure>
- Eastern Market, Detroit
- Grand Central Market, Los Angeles
- City Market, Kansas City
- West Side Market, Cleveland
- Farmers Market, Hollywood
- Ferry Building Market, San Francisco
- Findlay Market, Cincinnati
- North Matket, Columbus
- St. Lawrence Market, Toronto <done>
- Granville Island Public Market, Vancouver
- Great Market Hall, Budapest <done>
- Nasch Market, Vienna <done>
- Marché aux Fleurs, Nice < Nice.getNext() -> returns “Monaco” ^_^ >
- Forville Market, Cannes
- Havel Market, Prague
- Ostermalms Saluhall, Stockholm
- Billingsgate Market, London
- Borough Market, London
- Central Market, Lancaster
- Kauppatori Market + Old Market, Helsinki
- Basurto Market, Cartagena
- Sennoy Markey, St. Petersburg
- Kuznechny Market, St. Petersburg
- Zhujiao Market, Singapore
- Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo
- Nishiki Market, Kyoto
- Tha Kha [Floating Market], Thailand
- Aw Taw Kaw Market, Bangkok
- Chow Kit Market, Kuala Lumpur
- Mercado del Progresso, Buenos Aires
- Mercado Cinco de Mayo, Manzanillo
- Mercado Central, Santiago
- Mercado Pino Suarez, Mazatlán
- Mercado del Puerto, Montevideo
- Mercado Cardonal, Valparaiso
- Mercado Surquillo, Lima
- Mercado San Felipe Neri, Panama City
- Mercado San José, Recife